Friday, March 16, 2007

It's a ...

Well, after carrying this thing around inside of me for the past 21 weeks, we finally know if we'll be buying pink or blue. Anyone who knows me well, knows that I'm very curious about pretty much everything and these past five months of not knowing have been so hard. Adam and I both wanted a girl. I don't think we had any good reasons for wanting a girl. Maybe it was the family with four kids who sat in front of us on the beach in Mexico one day. There were three boys who were creating quite a bit of chaos for their poor father and then there was the girl, who just sat so peacefully as her mother played with her hair. At first I was a bit concerned that it would be a boy. I spent quite a bit of time observing mothers with their baby sons and they truly seemed to love them as much as mothers loved their daughters. But, of course, once we had the ultrasound and learned that everything was where it should be and that the baby was healthy, the gender wasn't really all that important.

ANYWAYS, when I called the maternity clinic this week, they finally had the results. The receptionist reminded me that the the findings weren't 100%. Seriously, what are they going to do, offer a "satisfaction guaranteed" policy. Anyways, she asked me what I thought I was having. This is a question I've been asked many times but I've never been able to distinguish between what I wanted and what I thought I'd have. But the moment she asked the question,
I felt pretty sure I knew. I told her that I thought we were having a girl and she told me that I was right. So you all now have a new granddaugher, great granddaughter and niece. YAY!!! We can buy pink!!!!!! Come on now, for someone who loves pink as much as I do, how can I not be excited about that?!

I don't really know what else to say. I've finally been feeling her move around and kick so that's pretty cool.

Well we should be heading to bed. Tomorrow we're off to Kelowna with our friends Jonny & Corinne. We're going up to visit another friend who just had a baby on Monday. Seeing as how it's supposed to rain here all weekend long, we're happy to be getting out of the city and seeing some new sights. I hope you're all well and we can't wait for you to meet our sweet little daughter.

3 comments:

Kurt and Cariann said...

Hey Guys!!! We are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!! Congratulations!! Except maybs no pink from auntie cariann...hehe!! Take care!

Domestic Bloggess said...

EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I'm so excited! I promise I'll make up for any pink that Auntie Cariann won't be buying because I already have my boy and it'll be a while before we try for a girl so I need to get my fix! I might fit some purples in there too just cuz it's my favortie color - is that ok? Or do you absolutely, positively HATE purple. Oh I hope not.

Anyhow, also wanted to welcome welcome welcome you to the blogging world! I expect regular updates and even though you don't comment on ours (which I'm so fine with by the way) I promise to comment on yours because comments are always so fun to get. I can't wait to feel more in touch with your daily life and baby-to-be!

Congrats also to Gramma and Grampa Poettcker! So happy for you to be getting ready to celebrate the arrival of your first grandbaby - may there be more to come!

Domestic Bloggess said...

PRETTY PLEEEEEEEEEEASE can we see a picture of the beautiful pregnant mommy-to-be!?!