Monday, July 9, 2007

Proud New Dad

What you are about to read could be considered mush, cheesy, un-manly…take your pick.

I was always one of those guys that didn’t like to talk too much about the goings on’s in my life as I didn’t want to seem selfish or all-consuming of conversations. With babies, I always wanted to try and resist using phrases like “my daughter”, “cute”, “cozy”, using “soooo” at the beginning of statements and also limiting my conversation and phrases of adulation to a minimum. But I really can’t resist with Addison. I know, I know, I am breaking the rules I set for myself, but life is way to short to limit myself to words that describe this little one and when she does something amazing…like blink, (I know, not that big of a deal), I gotta tell someone.

No father-about-to-be for the first time knows just how he is going to take or react to this new phase in his life. I can only speak for myself, that before the big moment I was quite positive that I was ready and waiting eagerly for the arrival of my baby girl, but the true test was going to be post birth, every 3 hr feedings, dirty diapers, a few whales and tears, etc.

Though it is hard to wake up in the middle of the night numerous times (Kim is much better), I must say that when I am finally up and she is laying in my lap, completely dependant, I am on the other hand completely taken by her and have forgotten that my body is supposed to be sleeping. Again, this is my experience and have only had less than a week of partially sleepless nights, but I really want to remember this feeling of awe of my daughter, as she truely is my perfect little girl.

Case and point…I sit in my family room writing this post with the baby monitor by my side and listen to her many squeaks while she sleeps trying her hardest to release her hand from a tight swaddle. Her little cute voice is sooooo addictive to hear, I get up and go upstairs and look at her as she is cozy in her little bed. See, just broke key words rule. A shot of this view:


I will stop here for now. But there will be more to come.

Another pic of this little miracle…




1 comment:

Domestic Bloggess said...

Oh yay! I finally have internet access for a couple of days on my vacation! Congrats you guys! She is gorgeous! Hope mom is doing well - healing up fast from the c-section and that you are enjoying your new little family! Love to you all.

Nicole